Six partners (also called Associated Beneficiaries) participate in the implementation of the actions:
- A Rocha France
- CEN PACA: Conservatory of natural areas – Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
- CERPAM: Centre for Studies and Pastoral Activities in the region Alps-Mediterranean
- GIC des Alpilles: Hunters’ interest group of the Alpilles
- GOPVB: Association of olive growers of the Vallée des Baux
- LPO PACA: League for the protection of birds – Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur
The association A Rocha France, founded in 2000 and part of A Rocha International, works mainly on ecological issues in the region Arles-Alpilles. A Rocha International operates in 19 countries on 5 continents.
Its main purpose is the nature conservation and the environmental education.
The association is also member of the IUCN France (International Union for Conservation of Nature) and the RNF (Nature Reserves of France).
Since 2006, A Rocha France is active, in cooperation with the “Parc naturel régional des Alpilles”, for the preservation of the wetlands in the “Vallée des Baux”. In 2012, this has led to the classification of one sector (Ilon) as a regional nature reserve.
Conservatory of natural habitats in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (CEN PACA)
CEN PACA intends to conserve species and remarkable natural areas of the region with three main focuses:
-Protection and management of natural habitats
– Scientific and technical expertise
- Information and public awareness
Furthermore, CEN PACA coordinates the implementation of the National Action Plan “Bonelli’s Eagle” in the PACA region (Southern France) and the National Action Plan “Egyptian Vulture” in south-eastern France, with the implementation of actions in the districts Bouches-du-Rhône and Vaucluse.
Centre for Studies and Pastoral Activities in the region Alps-Mediterranean (CERPAM)
Since its foundation in 1977, the CERPAM works in close relationship with all stakeholders concerning pasturing. Mobilising all the knowledge and skills, it helps to ensure the future of pasturing activities, to preserve natural habitats, and to revitalise territories in the Provence, the Alps and the Mediterranean.
Hunters’ interest group of the Alpilles (GIC des Alpilles)
The group was formed during of the nomination process of the Natura 2000 site “Alpilles”, with the intention that one single and identified association has more influence to propose actions than many small and different groups. Meanwhile the GIC has largely contributed to the discussion process on the management of natural habitats and the wildlife.
Main tasks within the project “Life des Alpilles”:
– Management and monitoring actions in favour of the prey species (European Rabbit, Red-legged Partridge).
Association of olive growers of the Vallée des Baux (GOPVB)
The association aims to:
– promote olive cultivation in accordance with the traditional know-how, focused on family farms, by ensuring compliance with the requirements of the AOC of the Vallée des Baux ,
- market the local olive products from the Vallée des Baux,
-defend the local peculiarities of olive growing to preserve the landscape quality, the quality of life, and to ensure durable agricultural activity in the Vallée des Baux,,
- work on the development of an irrigation system to optimise olive production,,
- stimulate the reactivation of uncultivated land and support the installation of young farmers,
- support all actions which aim to develop the education and the knowledge on production techniques as well as the marketing for olive products.
League for the Protection of Birds Provence -Alpes- Côte d’ Azur (LPO PACA)
The local association of the LPO in Provence- Alpes- Côte d’ Azur aims to act for birds, wildlife, nature and man, and to fight against the loss of biodiversity by improving knowledge, protection, education, and mobilisation.
The LPO is active in the regional territory since 1998, including scientific and technical expertise concerning issues related to biodiversity and to the education on biodiversity.
LPO PACA is a registered association for the protection of the environment and is also registered as organisation of professional training.